The Office of Academic Support Services provides a variety of services to all Samuel Merritt University students. Our programs are designed to help all students--from those experiencing difficulty in their programs to those who want to become more efficient and effective learners. We believe that teaching-learning is a shared process and we encourage students to participate in their own professional and academic development. Our focus is to provide all students with a supportive environment where they can improve their study skills and master course content.
Programs and Services
- Peer Tutoring: We offer subject specific tutoring to students in need of academic assistance. The service is free and is provided for undergraduate and graduate students. Click here.
- Academic Coaching: Coaching is available on an appointment basis for any student seeking personal analysis of their learning methods and guidance in developing effective collegiate learning strategies. Contact our office to make an appointment or get more information
- Smarthinking Nursing/Allied Health Tutoring Support: Smarthinking provides 24/7 access to highly trained online tutors who provide students with content specific support in a wide variety of Nursing and Allied Health subjects. Click here.
- Writing Support: We provide individual and small group writing consultations for students. Sessions can focus on any stage of the writing process. Contact the Writing Support Staff to make an appointment.
- Learning Resources Canvas Page: Find learning resources on a wide range of topics including Time Management, Test-Taking, Reading Strategies, and more. Click here.
- Community Learning Series: These one hour workshops cover topics on learning strategies and personal/professional development. Workshops are open to all members of the university community. Click here.
- SensusAccess: SensusAccess is a self-service solution that automates the conversion of documents into a range of alternative formats including MP3, Daisy, E-Books and Braille. Click here.