"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
― James Baldwin
Welcome to the office of Diversity and Inclusion. Our mission is to foster a culture of service, inclusion and excellence by:
- Creating a strong sense of belonging for all campus members
- Educating a diverse and culturally responsive healthcare work force
- Developing culturally competent leaders that reflect community demographics
- Working to reduce healthcare disparities in underserved communities
- Diversity Plan - The Diversity Plan offers a map that will lead to a future where diversity, equity, and inclusion become significant hallmarks for Samuel Merritt University.
- UDAC - University Diversity Action Council
- Ambassador Program
- Scholars in Service
- Diversity Scholarships and Grants
- Community Reads
- Bay Area Health Career & STEM Pipeline Programs