Samuel Merritt University Faculty and Staff:
As we know, technology in higher education is rapidly evolving, as are the threats to the privacy and information security of our students and our employees. During spring 2018, all faculty and staff email accounts will be migrated to the Microsoft Office 365 platform, coupled with upgrades to the Microsoft Office 2016 productivity suite (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). This change will serve to substantially mitigate the ongoing critical threat of email phishing attacks as well as other security risks, while providing a more innovative and feature-rich suite of applications for your daily use.
Why upgrade now?
- Migrating our email accounts to the Office 365 platform will place all of our faculty, staff, students, and alumni on a single email system, vastly improving our collaboration possibilities
- Office 365 allows for advanced security measures to be implemented in effort to eliminate the domain reputation, email deliverability, and information security risks associated with email phishing attacks and other critical threats
- Significantly greater storage capacity for your email!!
- MS Office 2016 offers new features and better compatibility with modern online, computer, and mobile applications
When is this all happening?
During the coming weeks, you will receive personalized information including your scheduled migration/upgrades dates, how your work will be affected, and any steps you need to take to ensure a seamless transition, and comprehensive instructional resources. We expect to have all faculty and staff members successfully transitioned between now and June 6, 2018.
Main point of contact?
Gladys Mecum will be the Information Technology main point of contact for this project. She will be responsible for communication and project coordination. If you have questions please contact her directly. Her Contact information is as follows:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 510-907-2580
- About Office 365 Email Migration
- About Office 2016 Software Upgrades
- Email Migration Schedule
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)