Samuel Merritt University has worked hard to remove as many barriers for admission to the RN-BSN program. The requirements for admission to the program are:
- An Associate Degree in Nursing
- 70 transferable semester credits—all credits counting toward the associate degree in nursing are transferable
- Minimum recommended GPA of 2.5 (4-point scale)
- An unencumbered CA RN license (has not been restricted by the CA BRN)
- Employed as a Registered Nurse
- Two letters of recommendation (one from your Chief Nursing Executive, another from your manager) attesting to your readiness to enroll in an RN-BSN program. If you work at a Kaiser facility and are unsure of who your CNE is, please contact us and we will help you find that information.
A prospective student who has met these requirements is encouraged to apply for the RN-BSN program. Once the application has been received, an admissions counselor will review the application for completeness and forward to the faculty committee for review.