Samuel Merritt University (SMU) is committed to doing good work, in our local community and beyond. For years, SMU faculty and students have been traveling across the globe, providing clinics and care and delivering equipment to communities in need.
- Click here to read about and watch a video about our latest trip to Panama
- Click here to read about and watch a video about our latest trip to San Ysidro.
- Click here to see photos from past medical trips.
- Click here to join the International Healthcare Club!
Some past trips include:
- Panama - August 2015 - watch the video!
- San Ysidro, February, 2015
- Japan - May/June 2015
- Burma - April, 2013
- Panama - 2009, 2010, April, 2013, August 2013, April 2014, August 2014
- Haiti (Les Cayes) - July 2010 - to aid in rehab 6 months after the Port-au-Prince earthquake (3 weeks)
- Haiti (Les Cayes and Deschappelles) - August 2010 - to continue working with Haitians and to serve as clinical instructor at Haiti’s only rehabilitation aide training program (2 weeks one site, 2 weeks at second site)
- Laos - 2008, 2010, 2012
- San Ysidro - 2009-2015
- New Orleans (Katrina) - 2008
- Peru - 2010 - Physician Assistants
- Vietnam & Cambodia - September 2007 - as part of a People to People Ambassador program with Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy educators
Read about past trips:
- Interprofessional Group from SMU Provides Free Care in Panama - Watch the video! - 2015
Nursing Students Travel to Japan - 2015
- Video Spotlights SMU's Impact on Residents at U.S.-Mexico Border - 2015
- SMU Podiatry, Nursing Students Embark on Medical Mission to Mexican Border - February, 2015
- SMU Students & Faculty See 400 Patients in 3 Days While in Panama - April, 2014
- SMU Students and Faculty Provide Care to Hundreds in Panama - August, 2013
- SMU Faculty and Students Spend Semester Break Providing Health Care in Panama - April, 2013
- ABSN Students Return from Successful Medical Mission to Laos - 2012
- PT Professor Helps Haitian Students in Rehabilitation Tech Training Program - 2011
- Medical Mission to Peru - 2010
- Spring Break Mission to San Ysidro - 2009
- SMU Nursing Students join Global Medical Brigades to Panama - 2009
- FNP Trip to Laos - 2008